Monday, August 20, 2012

{Sommer}

It's that time of year. The time of year when the trees begin to look tired and can't seem to carry the weight of their leaves any more. The time of year when I don't wonder why I was called a "keener" at school. (My heart aches at the very mention of the first day of school and my feet itch to be walking across a campus, arms loaded with books that are full of wordy knowledge!)  The time of year when evening soccer is covered in early shadows by the setting of a sun that is in a hurry to shed its light on another part of the planet. My very favorite season of the year is making its 2012 debut soon and my thoughts are turning to wools and knits, dark, warm colors, smoky fires and rosy cheeks. (yet again, however, the weather feels the need to prove something to me... it is brilliantly hot here today in the hills of southern Germany!)

It was on the whole, a beautiful summer, full of summery things. It had ice creams, and walks, duck feedings, picnics, visitors, freckles (tons of these stunners!), hard lessons, good lessons, star-gazing and adventures. We made it through a bad eye infection on my part that lasted for several weeks in early July. Peter got accepted to his new job around the same time and went to England twice for training. He will begin his language course within a couple of weeks. I began my German language/integration course and have made new friends in the process. I also was able to be a tent leader at a regional camp of 250 teenagers and made many new acquaintances there. I received my residence card for the EU in all its laminated glory and was accepted into the Midwifery College of Utah to begin my studies there the beginning September. All this and so much more, packed into the past, sunny months.

We have a Provider and he is good.




Happy 4th

Our lives in a snapshot

Summer stars


Tent 8 at camp with the crazy American on the far right







Peter and the castle at Heidelberg


"Alles hat ein Ende nur die Wurst hat zwei -

 Everything has an end... only sausages have

 two." - old German saying

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute! I love reading about your life. And Sarah, can I hire you to be my personal shopper for a day? :-). I love your sense of style...so pretty and feminine. It is what I strive for but can't seem to put the outfits together LOL:-). Congrats on starting the midwifery program; you will make a fantastic midwife - I just know it!

    ReplyDelete