Monday, July 15, 2013

{Week 36}

Weeks 34 & 35? The forgotten weeks... the weeks of transition and unsettling... weeks blurred in a flurry of boxes and mops...

But here we are at the end of Week 36 of our Little's gestational period and can now say that I am carrying a full-term little life inside of me. How blessed are we?

It has been such a time of late. Moving house while 8 months pregnant cannot truly be termed a thing of beauty and joy forever... it was hard not to let it be one of frustration and annoyance. The Dutchman was a powerhouse of action, strength and ingenuity without his teammate who longed to paint, tote, shove, hammer and lift along side him. (I did clean and pack... rest assured!) But here we are, finally moved in with our lives futilely trying to feel their ways to patterns of normalcy... that alas, will not form for some time! No sooner shall the dust of my pregnant mind and our new place settle then we shall be new parents and our lives will be forever changed with new thoughts, patterns and adventures.

Everything else aside however, this has been one beautiful pregnancy. Health problems and illnesses have been minimal and only now, in these last weeks of growing when the heat of summer has begun to beat down on German towns and green leaves bake in hot, hot sun, has it become more of a challenge. Stretching and its signs, swelling, sleeplessness and its accompanying weariness... they all have begun to play a part in daily life. 

Baby moves and moves, in a tireless, healthy way, hiccuping regularly in the late night... and I do my best to soak in these last moments. I try, try, try to wrap my mind around everything... yet I fail to capture these bits of time and imprint them in my mind, failing also to grasp the enormity of what my body is doing. But in the fast, blurred flow of these last weeks, I find myself more than willing to just release and float with Time, not fighting a current or searching for shallow spots to rest... just going where it takes me: to motherhood.

Week 36





No comments:

Post a Comment